Asian Cucumber Salad
Asian Cucumber Salad – healthy cucumber salad with Asian spices. So refreshing and easy. A perfect appetizer for any meals.
I love cucumber, it’s so light, fresh and healthy. However, cucumber by itself doesn’t have much of a flavor.
One of my favorite recipes for cucumber is Asian cucumber salad, which is packed full of flavors and utterly delicious.
The key to making a great Asian cucumber salad lies in the dressing. My recipe is garlicky, spicy, savory, with just a touch of sweetness and tartness. The cucumber is crunchy so every bite is bursting with flavors.
Chill the cucumber in the refrigerator for the best results. Asian cucumber salad is a great appetizer, which help to stimulate a healthy appetite. Try my recipe and I am sure you will like it.
How Many Calories per Serving?
This recipe is only 95 calories per serving.
What Dishes to Serve with This Recipe?
For a wholesome meal and easy weeknight dinner, I recommend the following recipes.
Asian Cucumber Salad
Asian Cucumber Salad – healthy cucumber salad with Asian spices. So refreshing and easy. A perfect appetizer for any meals!
Course Asian Recipes
Keyword Asian Cucumber Salad
Prep Time 5 minutes
Additional Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 2 people
Calories 95 kcal
Author Bee | Rasa Malaysia
- 1 cucumber about 8 oz. (226 g)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Korean chili powder or regular chili powder
- 1 teaspoon chili oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- sesame seeds for garnishing
- Rinse the cucumber thoroughly and slice it into pieces. Add the salt to the cucumber, stir gently to combine well. Chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Combine the garlic, vinegar, sugar, chili powder, chili oil, and sesame oil together, stir to mix well. Make sure that the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Drain the salt water from the cucumber. Add the dressing to the cucumber, toss well. Top with sesame seeds and serve immediately.